The UKAWP has successfully trained wedding planners for over ten years and we’re thrilled to have inspired so many fabulous professionals in that time.
We run classroom-based courses to enable students to interact not only with their experienced tutors but also their fellow students. Each tutor has approximately fourteen years of experience as a full-time wedding planner, enabling them to bring real-life scenarios to the training. We pride ourselves on our honesty and immense enthusiasm at wanting you to succeed, and we update courses regularly.
Which course is right for you?
Ideal for those launching as independent wedding planners
- Launching & running a small business
- Importance of branding & understanding your niche
- Marketing, PR & advertising for your business
- Skills for success
- Importance of pre-launch research
- Services to offer & pricing for profitability
- Preparing for your consultation, including a practical session
- Paint the dream, sell the dream
- Using social media to enhance your profile
Ideal for independent planners and venue co-ordinators.
- Marriage laws
- Etiquette scenarios
- Sourcing the dream venue
- Sourcing the dream team of suppliers incl. analysis of each category
- Financial planning for your client
- Creating the perfect wedding day schedule
- Your emergency kit
- Organising the ceremony/drinks reception/wedding breakfast/evening party
- Destination weddings
- Duties of the wedding party
- Post-wedding services
Included in each course:
- Full lunch & refreshments
- Concise course notes to take with you
- Certificate of attendance
- Attendance logo to use in marketing materials and websites
- Downloadable templates to use in your new business
- Entry into the student Facebook group
London – 28th & 29th Jan
London – 8th & 9th April
Cheshire - March*
*Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in the Cheshire course. We have a minimum number of students required before we can confirm the course.
London – 18th & 19th March
London – 29th & 30th April