2012 Wedding Industry Awards
On Wednesday 18th January UKAWP directors Bernadette and Sandy headed to London to attend the 2012 Wedding Industry Awards ceremony which was held at the Café de Paris in London. We were delighted when Damian Bailey asked the UKAWP to be part of the judging team. We felt privileged to be amongst some fabulous fellow peers. Choosing the regional and then the national winners was such a difficult task and involved hours of each judge’s time reading through bridal reviews plus attending a judges meeting in December. It was essential that all judges agreed with the final winners so at times there were some lively ‘discussions’! You can learn more about the judging process here .
We were delighted that one of our members Jane from Planned for Perfection won the Best Planner category and 2 other members were regional winners, Isabel Smith and Andrea Swift.
When we asked Jane how she felt she said “I am delighted to have been chosen as the first ever winner of the Best independent Wedding Planner by the 2012 Wedding Industry Awards – the fact that my past wedding couples have said so many amazing things about me, makes all the hard work worthwhile. I feel truly honoured to have been awarded this accolade by such a talented and well respected panel of judges, as I faced strong opposition from the other regional winners. I am looking forward to seeing how these awards shape the Wedding Industry and help us all to strive to provide ever increasing quality and services to future bride and grooms.”
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Damian for launching these much needed independent and honest awards. It’s wonderful that those working immensely hard now have the opportunity to get recognised for that dedication. We fully appreciate the time and effort it takes to organise an event of this scale – so thank you Damian.
And the winners are…..
Fellow judging panel member Sky TV news presenter Sarah Hewson did an amazing job hosting the ceremony and I think everyone found her recollection of choosing a wedding date that didn’t clash with an impending Royal wedding, fascinating. She was amazingly poised, beautiful and eloquent – the perfect hostess. Co-hosting and presenting each award with her was organiser Damian Bailey .
Ok so who won on the night?
- Best Wedding Accessory Designer – Jo Barnes Vintage
- Best Wedding Cake Designer – Rosalind Miller Cakes
- Best Wedding Caterer (independent) – Mogans Catering
- Best Wedding Co-ordinator (venue) – Michele Jetzer at Riverstation
- Best Wedding Dress Designer – No 9 Bridal Couture
- Best Wedding Dress Retailer – Ellie Sanderson Bridal Boutique – look out for Ellie presenting at WPE on the 3rd March, this will be a truly interactive and fun session
- Best Wedding Entertainment (Bands, DJs etc) – Hip Operation
- Best Wedding Florist – Sonning Flowers Ltd
- Best Wedding Hair Stylist – James White Hair
- Best Wedding Make-Up Artist – Kaz Fernando Make Up
- Best Wedding Marquee Provider – World Inspired Tents
- Best Wedding Menswear Supplier – Sensational Formal Hire
- Best Wedding Photographer – Marianne Taylor Photography
- Best Wedding Planner (independent) – Planned for Perfection – well done Jane
- Best Wedding Special Touch – Artfull Splodgers – we think they should win an additional award for best entrance after being delivered by the RAC!
- Best Wedding Transport Supplier – Dennisson Classic Cars
- Best Wedding Venue – Gaynes Park
- Best Wedding Videographer – Philip White
- Best Newcomer – Maids to Measure
2013 Wedding Industry Awards
If you didn’t enter the awards last year we would like to encourage you to enter this year, you can register for information via here . Can we also recommend you send the link to all your fabulous suppliers who might not know about the awards?
Leave a Comment