Last in our current series covering our different membership types comes our most recent addition – Destination Membership.This post aims to provide an overview of the entry criteria and benefits of Destination Membership. Should you be interested in applying to the UKAWP or have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com .
For years we have allowed only UK based planners to apply for membership of the UKAWP, indeed hanging our hats on the fact that our training and mentoring schemes are focused on the UK, thus our planners are ideal for British brides. However, with this last point in mind, an increasing number of UK brides contact us looking for destination weddings and wanting to know where best to find reputable local foreign planners.
We therefore decided to open Destination Membership to a number of experienced, reputable non UK planners, as follows….
This type of membership is for those planners who have been running their companies and working with clients for some time.
- Companies must only plan weddings outside the UK.
- Companies must have been trading for at least 12 months at point of application.
- Companies must submit details of two past clients that the Alliance can contact to gather references, one of which must be for full wedding co-ordination from venue search through to attending on the day. Postal addresses, not just e-mail addresses, must be provided.
- Companies must provide one reference from a supplier or venue.
- Companies must supply proof of public liability insurance.
- Membership fee is £145 incl. VAT for 12 months.
- To download an application form please do so here…
- Annual certificate of membership of the UKAWP to be shown to potential clients.
- Use of ‘Destination Member’ logo of the UKAWP on website, advertising and all marketing materials.
- Ability to refer potential clients to the UKAWP code of ethics and application process to gain enhanced client confidence.
- Inclusion on the UKAWP on-line database of member companies. Destination Members are listed by country.
- The UKAWP has links with a variety of media outlets and has an on-going press and public relations plan to continually increase the profile of the Alliance within the wedding industry. Journalists are put in touch with members for interview opportunities/coverage on a very regular basis.
- Benefit from the UKAWP‘s ongoing advertising plan in wedding publications and online.
- Discounts to attend any UKAWP meetings, networking events, seminars, workshops or training courses.
- UKAWP branded marketing materials such as brochures, pens and pads and other items available seasonally.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.