Launch a profitable and successful wedding planning business
If you are interested in launching a career in an industry that is passionate and creative then we would love to help you. The UKAWP offer face to face training and since 2004 have trained hundreds of successful wedding planners.
Both Bernadette and Sandy have been wedding planners for over 14 years so know what it is like to start a business; we understand the struggle of standing out in a competitive market. We have seen many changes over the years and have naturally progressed our businesses during this time.
As industry spokeswomen we not only successfully train and mentor wedding planners, we also are judges for The Wedding Industry Awards, present at the National Wedding Shows and run workshops for other wedding industry groups.
Sandy & Bernadette
Why train with us?
Our teaching style is honest and down to earth and we will always tell it to you like it is, often bringing real-life scenarios to the training. We are straight talking and encourage the same from our students with questions actively encouraged. We know the winning formula for success and happily pass this knowledge onto our students.
“Thank you again for your time this weekend! I loved attending the course, and have come away really inspired, excited, and determined.” Valentina, September 2016
Which course is right for you?
Ideal for those launching as independent wedding planners
- Launching & running a wedding planning business
- Personal branding and how this attracts the right client
- Business branding to target your ideal client
- Understanding your niche
- Marketing your business in a modern world
- Using PR & advertising for your business
- Skills for success as a wedding planner
- Importance of pre-launch research
- Services to offer & pricing for profitability
- Negotiating with your clients
- Preparing for your first consultation, including a practical session
- How to sell your self in your proposal to clients
- Using social media for your business
Ideal for independent planners and venue co-ordinators.
- Marriage laws
- Etiquette scenarios
- Sourcing the dream venue
- Sourcing the dream team of suppliers incl. analysis of each category
- Financial planning for your client
- Creating the perfect wedding day schedule
- Your emergency kit
- Organising the ceremony/drinks reception/wedding breakfast/evening party
- Destination weddings
- Duties of the wedding party
- Post-wedding services
Included in each course:
- Full lunch & refreshments
- Concise course notes to take with you
- Certificate of attendance
- Attendance logo to use in marketing materials and websites
- Downloadable templates to use in your new business
- Entry into the student Facebook group
I attended the courses with Sandy & Bernadette, and they both helped me gain confidence with speaking to clients and understand how to deal with client consultations through the training that was provided in the courses. I was given insights into how to define my target market and what styled shoots I should be aiming for to capture my clients. Illy Elizabeth Weddings (trained in 2016)
London – 24th & 25th February 2018
London – 17th & 18th March 2018