Prestigious Lincolnshire Venue Hosts the UKAWP Midlands Mix and Mingle Evening
The autumn is always busy at UKAWP and 2012 is no exception. We’re finally able to report on our Mix and Mingle Events which took place in September. Here is the low-down on one of the trio of events which saw over 60 UK-based wedding planners get together.
This year’s Midlands Mix and Mingle event took place on 26 September at the beautiful Stoke Rochford Hall, near Grantham in Lincolnshire and was planned and co-ordinated by the wonderful Val Mattinson of Benessamy, one of our Associate Members.
Stoke Rochford Hall is a beautiful Victorian country mansion set in beautiful grounds and has fabulous landscaped gardens. Inside the Hall there is a selection of beautifully decorated function rooms, packed with character. Picture perfect inside and out! The Hall is steeped in history and has played host to many celebrities and royal visitors including the Duchess of Cambridge.
Guests arrived and the mixing and mingling soon got underway. Guests enjoyed Champagne (orange juice and bucks fizz for the drivers!!) and Canapés and it was great to see guests enjoying the opportunity to swap stories and share experiences.
Following a brief introduction from Val welcoming our guests on behalf of the UKAWP they were treated to a fabulous performance from Event Performer, Janine Nicole. Janine performed Make You Feel My Love by Adele and At Last by Etta James. A moving performance that left our guests with goose pimples!
Following Janine’s performance Melanie Edgar, Head of Sales and Marketing provided guests with a very informative tour of Stoke Rochford Hall’s main function rooms and accommodation. Guests were then whisked up to view one or two of the fabulous bedrooms in the Mansion House which each had impressive luxury ensuite facilities including this bathroom which is ensuite to one of the rooms usually offered as the bridal suite.
The evening closed with more informal networking and our guests saying how much they wanted to keep in touch and to arrange future get togethers. They were all presented with a goody bag full of treats.
A few thank yous:
- Thank you to Melanie Edgar and all her team at Stoke Rochford Hall for their hospitality. Also to Janine Nicole for her fabulous performance on the evening.
- A special thank you to Alix Marina- Chouhan from Lumiere Photography for capturing the evening with such lovely photography and for allowing us to use the images in this post (all images are Alix’s except the goody bag one which was taken by Val Mattinson)
- To Emma Inkley from EliBows for her gorgeous table display.
- To Nicola Denbigh from Little Cakes for supplying each of our guests with beautiful ‘little cakes’ – Rich Chocolate Cake layered with chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream – delicious!
- To all our goody bag content suppliers – so many of you! All your goodies and information were much appreciated by our guests.
- And last but by no means least, to all our guests who attended the evening.
And reports on the Manchester and London Mix and Mingle Events will be featured here soon ….