UKAWP to help brides marrying abroad
We have launched a new form of membership aimed at wedding planning companies who plan weddings outside the UK.
Many couples choose to marry abroad and often struggle to find planners who understand local law and know the best venues and suppliers in their market.
An increasing number of brides look to the UKAWP to find professional planners in their area as all our planners are vetted and have suitable training and experience. However, when they wish to marry abroad we have, to date, only been able to give general advice rather than specific recommendations, except in the few cases where our UK members work outside the UK.
From 19th January 2010 foreign planners will be able to apply for membership and will undergo the same, rigorous vetting procedure as those in the UK. Our new Destination Member category is already of interest to a number of non UK planners who have travelled to England to undertake our training courses. We also know that planners in key destination markets are interested in a link with our organisation.
We pride ourselves on all Directors and Members adhering to our Code of Ethics – something which brides cite as a reason for choosing one of us, therefore Destination Members will also have to abide by this Code.
UKAWP Code of Ethics
- Respond to enquiries within 48 hours
- Respect client confidentiality
- Disclose all suppliers that you have a vested interest in
- Always pass discounts and/ or commission onto the client
- Ensure your Public Liability Insurance is up to date
- Never give client details to any third party unless for the sole purpose of the wedding
- Respect copyright of all planners, co-ordinators and related suppliers
- Represent each client fairly and honestly
For more information on the UKAWP’s membership categories, please contact email@example.com.