Wedding Dress Workshop
You only have a couple of days to register for our second evening workshop , in case you missed the details please see below for a reminder:
We are delighted to announce the second in our new quarterly workshops. As wedding planners there are times when we need to use our initiative and fix possible disasters and we hope to cover some of the possible scenarios in our workshops.
After our successful Floral Workshop we are now focusing on the wedding dress. Led by Kay, one of our full members and owner of Heading Up the Aisle it will cover: Dress types & how to lace them/pin them, wedding dress alterations, how design influences alteration cost, wedding day disasters, emergency kit, how to tie a cravat.
The event is being held on Thursday 5th May from 6:30-8:30 at a central London venue – to be announced nearer the time.
Tickets for this workshop are just £55 for members and £60 non members and
you can book here
Workshop for wedding planners to understand the pitfalls when brides purchase dresses, alterations costs, and also have an idea of how to put on different types of gowns, and what the dress pitfalls are on the day to include hooking up a bustle, lacing a corset, taping up straps which fall down etc.
The evening will also include an outline of useful items for your wedding dress emergency kit specific for fixing bridal gowns disasters, along with tips for planners when attending brides fittings what to ask for regarding alterations and how they are estimated so that you can assist your clients at their appointments if needed.
1. Dress Types and practical exercise of lacing them up and pinning.
- Corset backs
- Zip backs
- Zip and buttons
2. Wedding dress alterations and pitfalls.
- Questions to ask at the bridal boutique
- Alterations costs.
- Average costs and how they are calculated.
3. How design influences alteration costs
4. Wedding day disasters with the dress and how to fix them.
- Finding a bustle
- Pinning up hems
- Hooking up the dress for the first dance
- Taping up straps and sticky strap fastenings
5. Tips for wedding planners emergency kit box
6. How to tie a cravat on someone else.
7. Question and answer session.
Really looking forward to this, especially some expert tips on fixing bustle fastenings – they never last and I always end up having to pin them!
Hope you’ll be covering how to clean tyre marks off the train that the brides dad has just driven over – lol